Fully read and review this release. Close, and go back to the Membership page to accept when finished.
MHC CODE OF CONDUCT
The Code of Conduct for all players outlines the rules which should be observed and practiced by all Club members to ensure everyone will enjoy themselves while participating in the Milwaukee Hurling Club.
* READ BEFORE ACCEPTING *
IN CONSIDERATION of my, my child’s or my ward’s participation in the MILWAUKEE HURLING CLUB and related activities and events, I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE, indemnify, hold harmless and forever discharge the MILWAUKEE HURLING CLUB (“Club”) and its members, agents, employees, emergency volunteers, officers, directors, affiliates, successors and assigns (such parties together with the Club being collectively referred to as the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands, debts, contracts, expenses, causes of action, lawsuits, damages and liabilities, of any kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, that I, my child or my ward have or may have, arising from or in any way related to my, my child’s or my ward’s voluntary participation in the sport of hurling or the Club’s related programs, activities and events, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES; provided, however, that this waiver of liability does not apply to acts of intentional misconduct. I understand and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from activities involved in the sport of hurling is significant, including the potential for permanent injury, paralysis, death and damage to personal property, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES or others, and I ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY for my, my child’s or my ward’s participation; and
3. I agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual, significant hazard during my, my child’s or my ward’s presence or participation, I will remove myself, my child or my ward from participation and bring such to the attention of the Club; and 4. I certify that I, my child or my ward HAVE NO HEALTH RELATED CONDITIONS, such as HEART PROBLEMS, PREGNANCY, BROKEN BONES, RECENT SURGERY OR ILLNESS, BALANCE DISORDERS, EPILEPSY, NECK INJURY or any other physical or mental condition that would prevent me, my child or my ward from safely participating in this activity; and
5. If injury occurs in connection with the event, I agree that anyone who provides medical assistance to me, my child or my ward shall not be liable if they increase the injury or cause additional injury or death; and
6. The Club requires the use of a helmet and recommends a helmet with a full facemask. I understand that the use of such helmet may reduce the likelihood of injuries. Likewise, a full facemask may further reduce the risk of injury. I acknowledge the requirement of a helmet and the recommendation of a full facemask.